China has refuted reports that Beijing had initiated cyber attacks against India’s power grid resulting in massive power outages
China has refuted reports that Beijing had initiated cyber attacks against India’s power grid resulting in massive power outages. Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Wang Wenbin told reporters: "As a staunch defender of cybersecurity, China firmly opposes and cracks down on all forms of cyberattacks."
"Speculation and fabrication have no role to play on the issue of cyber attacks, as it is very difficult to trace the origin of a cyberattack," he said.
The Chinese official further said: " It is highly irresponsible to accuse a particular party when there is no sufficient evidence around,. China is firmly opposed to such irresponsible and ill-intentioned practice."
A report by a US-based cybersecurity firm claimed that Chinese-state sponsored groups, had targeted the power sector in India with malware. This came months after the clash between troops of the two nations in Galwan valley in June 2020, reports ANI. The New York Times had on Sunday published a report based on the findings of the report.
The Indian government too has said that it had "no evidence" so far of any Chinese involvement in the attacks.